Before you Start:
If you have not already done so, review Getting Started: Console 8. The following steps should be performed while logged into the computer as a Windows Administrator. Console 8 requires full Admin privileges not only to install, but to deliver the exams as well.
This video shows how you can install Console 8 using the standard Setup file from the Certiport website (click here for download instructions). Refer to the list below the video for steps.
- after downloading the Console 8 Setup File, right click on it and check the Properties to see if you need to "Unblock" the file.
- if "Unblock" is present on the "General" Tab, tick it then click "OK"
- double click on "Console_Setup.exe" to launch it
- select your Language, click Next
- set the installation path (we recommend retaining C:\Certiport\Console), click Next
- when prompted, click Finish to close the Installation Wizard
After installing Console 8 this way, you will need to link it to your Test Centre Account. To do this:
- launch Console 8 from the desktop
- login with your Organisation Administrator profile
- when prompted, select your Test Centre Account then click "OK".
Next Step:After the initial install and setup, you will not be able to deliver an exam until you have applied the appropriate Exam Content / Program Updates. See How to install Exam Content/Updates in Console 8 for steps.
It is possible to install Console 8 (8.4 or higher) and configure optional settings (like linking it to a Test Centre Account, populating Proxy details, etc....) using switches. for more information about this, please read "Getting Started: Console 8 Additional Settings".